Award Winning Design
One of the most awarded Personal Medical Alarms in the world today!
Announced a winner of the prestigious, German reddot award in product design for communication devices.
The Red Dot is the award for high design quality. The international jury only awards this sought-after seal of quality to products that feature an outstanding design.
German design, Swiss precision GPS, reddot2015 award winner.
- Works wherever there is 3G & 4G mobile coverage (98.5% of New Zealands populated areas).
- Calls up to 10 friends, family or carers.
- Has 2-way “hands-free” voice to voice communication with high quality speakerphone.
- In built fall detection for serious falls. Sends a “fall alert” to up to 10 contacts.
- Uses GPS & Google maps to send your location to your contacts during emergencies.
- Family & friends can call the pendant just like a normal phone. Pendant can call out to nominated contacts in emergencies (not recommended)
- Pendant is shower & rain proof, comfortable and weighs the same as three 20c pieces.
- No contracts or monitoring fees.
- 12 month warranty.
- $485 + gst. Includes tracked Nationwide delivery.
Now more than ever, it is design that determines whether or not a product will be successful. As with so many things, the key to success lies beneath the surface: “Good design is not defined merely by a product’s appearance. Instead, it is also expressed through technical innovations and the special touch and feel of a product which, when in harmony with each other, lead to a holistic product design”, explains Professor Dr. Peter Zec, founder and CEO of the Red Dot Award. He goes on to say: “There are four aspects which characterize outstanding design. They can be used to determine whether it meets high quality standards. In addition to the primary quality of use, the qualities of ‘function’, ‘seduction’ and ‘responsibility’ play a decisive role in the development and assessment of good design.” Depending on the type of product, these four aspects are weighted differently. For example, the most relevant quality for tools is use, while for jewellery the seduction quality is especially important.